COVID-19 Updates - Click Here

How Much of My Damage Will the Other Driver’s Insurance Cover?


How Much of My Damage Will the Other Driver’s Insurance Cover?

If you have been in a car accident and it was not your fault, you should hire a Connecticut car accident attorney and seek compensation from the other driver’s insurance company. The insurance company might have to pay for both the property damage to your vehicle and for any personal injuries you have sustained as a result of the collision. But how much exactly will they be able to pay out? Can the compensation you receive pay for your entire treatment?

What Damage Will Insurance Cover?

In Connecticut, drivers are required to have an adequate level of automobile insurance. The minimum amounts allow for five-figure compensation, but the person who injured you or wrecked your car might have a higher level of coverage. The best way to find out is to speak to your attorney. They can negotiate with the relevant insurance company and work to get you the compensation you deserve.

Vehicle Damage 

Even if you have only been involved in a minor car accident, you might have significant repair costs. Your car could be dented, scratched, or even have hidden damage.  Every driver must have coverage of at least $25,000 for property damage.  A personal injury attorney can help answer any questions you have concerning your property damage claim.

Personal Injuries 

The minimum amount of coverage a person must maintain in Connecticut is liability injury coverage or $25,000 per person and $50,000 per collision. This amount of money may not cover the full cost of your damages. This is why it is important to purchase uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage. Under this type of coverage, if the amount of your legal damages are in excess of the amount of the at-fault driver’s liability coverage, you are eligible to seek from the person who hit your vehicle’s insurance policy, you may then pursue an uninsured/underinsured motorist claim.

How Your Car Accident Attorney in Connecticut Will Help 

If you are suffering from long-term injuries, a loss of income, and emotional trauma as a result of the collision, you can seek legal damages. A lawyer can help you to maximize the amount you receive, which will help you to rebuild your life and make up for your expenses, including medical bills.

Even if the other driver doesn’t have a high level of coverage, there might be a way to fight to get you the compensation you deserve. They will analyze your situation and find as much evidence as possible and try to negotiate a resolution to your case.

People who cause an accident can be held responsible for the damage they cause. Since every local driver is required by law to hold automobile insurance, it is likely that you can gain compensation for the harm done to your vehicle. What’s more, an experienced personal injury lawyer could help you receive the money you deserve. Get in touch with us now at AHC Injury Law at our offices in Bridgeport, Danbury, and Middletown, Connecticut to book your initial consultation.

Contact Information