Group Photo

Exploding Aerosol Can Results in Loss of Eye

We represented a man who was working in the kitchen of a diner when an aerosol can of window spray exploded and rocketed into his right eye.

The manufacturers of the window spray claimed that the can must have been placed near a stove. However, our client swore the window spray was on a cutting board, not near the stove. Analysis of the water used to make the window spray showed that it had a high chlorine content. The chlorinated water reacted with the inside surface of the can and triggered a chemical reaction which caused pressure to build up inside the can. The excessive internal pressure caused the bottom of the can to push out and disengage from the can body, turning the can into a rocket.

Our client lost his right eye as a result of the accident. The jury awarded our client and his wife $2 million dollars in compensation.

Client Reviews
★★★★★
Bob is one of the most experienced, qualified, ethical, creative and hard-working lawyers in the state. He is committed to his clients. He has worked hard for a more fair and equitable justice system. He is a trustworthy and likeable guy. He is an honor to our profession. Antonio Ponvert III
★★★★★
Exceptional. Michael Burrell handled my case and I can't thank him enough for the tremendous work he did on my behalf. He always explained things well, was very thorough, and followed through on every small detail. John Judd
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
off-site / evenings & weekends available (203) 331-8888
CAPTCHA