Michael S. Burrell
Michael had specialized in insurance defense work for approximately 20 years before joining Adelman Hirsch & Connors. During that time, he has handled numerous cases in a multitude of areas including, but not limited to, product liability, motor vehicle, traumatic brain injury (TBI), Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome (RSD), complex regional pain syndrome (CPRS), Fibromyalgia, uninsured/underinsured motorist cases, premise liability, construction defect, trucking litigation, fire/spread/suppression, hydrology/flooding involving storm water runoff, municipal liability, medical malpractice, and wrongful death.
Michael has tried over 60 jury trials to verdict.
J.D., Quinnipiac College School of Law, Hamden, CT, 1995
B.A., Ohio University, Athens, OH, 1991
U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1996
Connecticut Bar Association
Greater Bridgeport Bar Association
Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys
Board Certified Civil Trial Specialist, By the National Board of Trial Advocacy (2002 to Present) (recertification required every 5 years)
Listed in Best Lawyers in America ®, Plaintiffs; Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs (2019 Edition)
100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Appellate Court
- Sandvig, et al v. Dubreuil & Sons, Inc., 53 Conn. App. 466 (1999).
- Belotti, L. v. City of Shelton, 62 Conn. App. 902 (2001).
- Sandvig v Dubreil & Sons, Inc., 68 Conn. App. 79, (2002)*;
* SUBSEQUENT HISTORY: Appeal granted by, in part Sandvig v. A. Dubreuil & Sons, Inc., 260 Conn. 931, 799 A.2d 296, 2002 Conn. LEXIS 237 (2002) Appeal dismissed by Sandvig v. A. Dubreuil & Sons, Inc., 2004 Conn. LEXIS 285 (Conn., July 13, 2004)
- Supreme Court
- Smith v. City of New Haven, 258 Conn. 56, 779 A.2d 104, (2001).
- Sandvig v Dubreil & Sons, Inc., Appeal Dismissed (2004)
Chair, Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Inside Baseball: Adjuster’s Friend or Foe? 2017-2018 Seminar Series
Co-Chair, Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Inside Baseball: Tips from the Dark Side Converts 2016-2017 Seminar Series