Michael S. Burrell
Bridgeport: (203) 331-8888
Danbury: (203) 744-4707
Middletown: (860) 343-1051
1000 Lafayette Boulevard
Bridgeport, Connecticut 06604
Michael S. Burrell had specialized in insurance defense work for approximately 20 years before joining Adelman Hirsch & Connors. During that time, he has handled numerous cases in a multitude of areas including, but not limited to, product liability, motor vehicle, traumatic brain injury (TBI), Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome (RSD), complex regional pain syndrome (CPRS), Fibromyalgia, uninsured/underinsured motorist cases, premise liability, construction defect, fire/spread/suppression, hydrology/flooding involving storm water runoff, municipal liability, medical malpractice, and wrongful death.
Mike has tried 58 jury trials to verdict.
"My extensive litigation experience will enable me to zealously represent AHC Law clients and their families in all areas of law. I am also a board certified civil trial attorney and have held this designation since 2002. I have successfully argued cases before both the Appellate Court and the Supreme Courts of Connecticut during my legal career."
J.D., Quinnipiac College School of Law, Hamden, CT, 1995
B.A., Ohio University, Athens, OH, 1991
U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1996
Connecticut Bar Association
Greater Bridgeport Bar Association
Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
Board Certified Civil Trial Specialist, By the National Board of Trial Advocacy (2002 to Present)
100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Appellate Court
- Sandvig, et al v. Dubreuil & Sons, Inc., 53 Conn. App. 466 (1999).
- Belotti, L. v. City of Shelton, 62 Conn. App. 902 (2001).
- Sandvig v Dubreil & Sons, Inc., 68 Conn. App. 79, (2002)*;
- * SUBSEQUENT HISTORY: Appeal granted by, in part Sandvig v. A. Dubreuil & Sons, Inc., 260 Conn. 931, 799 A.2d 296, 2002 Conn. LEXIS 237 (2002) Appeal dismissed by Sandvig v. A. Dubreuil & Sons, Inc., 2004 Conn. LEXIS 285 (Conn., July 13, 2004)
- Supreme Court
- Smith v. City of New Haven, 258 Conn. 56, 779 A.2d 104, (2001).
- Sandvig v Dubreil & Sons, Inc., Appeal Dismissed (2004)
- Law Offices of David J. Mathis, Senior Trial Attorney, 1998-2015
The Hartford Financial Group
- Law Offices of Ida H. Pullo, Trial Attorney, 1996-1998
Allstate Insurance Company
- Pinney, Payne, Van Lenten and Burrell, P.C., 1995-1996